Friday, April 9, 2021

How can I stay on track without a food scale?

Hi, all! I'm not sure if this is the right place to come to for advice, but here goes! I've been pretty committed to losing weight for the past eight or nine months, in that I've been counting my calories (weighing everything out, mostly cooking at home, etc.) In these past months, I've lost about 14 kg (30 lbs), eating between 1200-1400 calories as a sedentary 171 cm (5'7) female. I really like this method because it takes all of the guesswork out of weight loss, and I've found a nice balance where I don't feel hungry all the time. However, in about a week, I'm going to be traveling back home, and will be in quarantine for 21(!!!) days.

During those 21 days, I'm going to be relying on the food provided by the hotel I'm quarantining at, but I'm also going to have the additional headache of online college classes, that as a result of the time difference, will be occurring Tuesday-Saturday, 12 AM to 6 AM. This means I'm probably going to have to end up doing some version of intermittent fasting, since I'll mainly be up through the night, where there likely won't be any meal services. (Something like only eating the breakfast and lunch provided, then sleeping through dinner, that sort of thing.)

Does anyone have any tips/tricks about losing (or even just maintaining, tbh) weight while not being able to weigh and measure everything? Or just... eating more intuitively, I guess. I'm also worried about thinking obsessively about food, since CICO has actually seriously reduced the amount of time I spend thinking about what I eat. And I think that the fact that I'll be stuck in a tiny room for almost an entire month definitely won't help with that, because there's so many fewer things I can distract myself with.

As of right now, I'm really only doing CICO and maybe some walking, but since I'm going to be stuck indoors for almost a month, I think it might be good to try some YouTube workouts, so if anyone has any specific program or video they really like, that'd be great, too!

submitted by /u/dearsirensong
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3a0noIx

No comments:

Post a Comment