Friday, April 9, 2021

Update #1: Overcoming the Long Plateau

I was inspired to start sharing my progress recently.

A Little About MyselfI (26M) am a Web Developer living in Upstate NY with my partner and our 1 year old chihuahua mix. I set out on my wellness journey, seriously at least, on Feb 13, 2021. That was the first day I logged my food, the first step of many towards being healthier. Now, I track food/water daily, weigh daily, and do my best to be active every day.

Stats

  • Age: 26
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Highest weight: 265.6lbs (December 2021)
  • Current weight: 242.6lbs
  • Goal weight: <150lbs

A Little About Food

TDEE: ~3000 - 3500 (depending on activity level)

Budget: 1500 + exercise calories (almost always under 2000)

Weight loss goal: ~1.5-2pounds a week

Update #1The past few weeks I've been on an annoying scale plateau. I tell myself to look at the bigger picture and focus on my wins: haven't missed a day of food/water tracking, gaining confidence with workouts (I use Apple Fitness+), I went on a 1hr+ walk which I haven't done in years! As tempting as it was to give up and binge on snacks, the NSVs have motivated me to keep at it.

I've been listening to my body more and noticing that a lot of times I want to throw in the towel and go on a snack run I wasn't actually hungry but upset about something. Distracting my mind with a new hobby (studying Japanese) has been surprisingly effective. I've started filling the gaps in my schedule with mini study sessions and guided meditations.

For the next week, my goal is to stick to a workout schedule that I crafted. Strength workouts M/W/F, HIIT on T/TH, dance on Saturday (I have two-left feet and this is the toughest for me), and whatever I want on Sunday, or a break if I need it. I look forward to seeing what the new week brings.

Edit: formatting

submitted by /u/Linguini-01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wH1hRd

No comments:

Post a Comment