Wednesday, April 14, 2021

How did you decide when to stop losing weight?

Hey all! This is my first time posting on Reddit, though I’ve been lurking on this sub for awhile now. I really appreciate the positive and supportive vibe here!

About a year ago I decided to make some healthy changes, and I’ve since gone from 200lbs to 130 (I’m 29F and 5’4”). My initial goal weight was 140, which put me in the healthy BMI range and at my lowest weight since middle school. Once I hit that goal, I was still feeling good about my eating/exercise routines and decided to keep them up without an explicit focus on weight loss. I figured my weight would soon plateau, but I’ve continued losing an average of 1lb per week. At this point, I’m not attached to seeing any particular number on the scale; I just want to be fit and healthy and to keep taking good care of myself. But without a specific goal weight in mind, I’m wondering how I’ll know when it’s time to shift to maintenance and focus on my other fitness goals.

I’d love to hear from other folks about how they navigated that decision. How did you know when you were done losing and ready to switch to maintenance? What did you do to make that transition successful? Any insight or advice you guys have is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/heyitsmarisol
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32leW29

No comments:

Post a Comment