Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Nosey but well-meaning BF making CICO impossible

My boyfriend is supportive and really wants to help me with my weight loss goals in any way he can. Right now I’m focusing on CICO around 1250 calories. He’s never wanted to, or had to diet in his life, and is incredibly uninformed about food basics. Like, no idea about caloric density, or any idea how many calories something like a salad dressing has, and why you can’t just slather it on.

I feel like I’m constantly having to work twice as hard at my weight loss goals and especially my motivation BECAUSE of him. I’m constantly having to argue with him about what I can and can’t put in my body, and why. It’s like, I can hardly handle my OWN cravings and my OWN motivation for staying on track, much less convincing somebody else to get with the program. He’s like the devil-on-your-shoulder but in the flesh.

For example last night he was arguing if we fried vegetables in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, that you wouldn’t be eating ALL of that 1 tablespoon of oil, some would stick to the pan and someone would burn off, some would incorporate with veggies that aren’t part of your “portion”. He was saying that you don’t need to count all of those calories from the 1 tablespoon.

He also refuses to measure anything. He’ll insist on whipping up a side salad for me and then just squirting out the Ranch until I put my foot down and say, “Hey dude, whats going on here? How much is that? What did you measure it with? Now I can’t eat this.”

I’ve told him repeatedly that if he enjoys cooking for me and wants to do that as part of his love language, I understand, but he needs to play by my rules. No more eyeballing shit, or rounding down with the calories. I’m starting to have major anxiety about him touching any of my food. Especially because at first, I was less assertive about the “rules”. But now after my first week of calories restriction, eating what I THOUGHT was UNDER 1200 calories a day, I actually gained 2 pounds.

SOS please :(

submitted by /u/journo-list
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sqOTBD

No comments:

Post a Comment