Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Hypnotherapy cured my food addiction

Hey folks,

Back with my tail between my legs after my last post in 2019. I managed to lose about 14lbs before being diagnosed with Lipoedema, and the diagnosis and what it meant for my weight loss prospects was too much for me to handle on top of covid. I backslid, ate McDonalds for the first time in 6 months and for the last 6 I had McDonalds almost every day. 💸

Some will be able to relate to this but I never actually wanted it. I just got it because it was easier than wrestling with the craving and then giving in by the evening, disappointing myself and making me feel worse.

I saw a hypnotherapist 7 years ago who cured my lifelong ARFiD in two sessions. I reached out to him again (won't drop the name here because it may seem like advertising) and asked if he could help me with weight management.

Worth mentioning that my relationship with food is something I've already been working on actively with my regular psychologist, but something wasn't clicking.

Through the session we realised it was a reparenting issue more than a motivation one and we talked about that for an hour before 20 minutes of hypnotherapy.

The cravings that have been ruling my life and the battle I've been having with myself is gone, and I'm ready to start working towards my lifestyle goals again.

CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs

submitted by /u/friendswithbees
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dCLQC0

No comments:

Post a Comment