Thursday, April 22, 2021

I need help with plateauing!

So I started my weight loss journey 5 weeks ago to date. I've been going to the gym 3 times a week for 6 months or so and was happy with my progress. Then around five weeks ago I weighed myself for the first time in years. The scale truly shocked me at reading 102.3kg, I was truly devastated at how big I got. That's when I decided to turn things around.

I'm very data driven in life, I love living by the numbers so to speak, so I obviously went with CICO. I bought myself a food scale, 6 meal prep boxes and started rigorously tracking every single thing I ate or drank in MFP. I set myself a 2200 kcal daily limit, which might be fairly low for my weight (and probably is) and started doing cardio on the non-gym days. So my weekly schedule changed to GYM-CAR-GYM-CAR-GYM-CAR-REST. That and the calorie tracking worked wonders for the first weeks. I lost 6.7kg in 4 weeks which averages to around 1.6kg/week. I know that might sound a bit much, but honestly I feel great and I don't see a reason why I should up my calorie amount just because. For my macros I prioritize protein over everything, simply because I find it very satiating, the 'thermic effect' and the obviously known fact when it comes to muscles and protein.

There's some background that leads me to my actual problem.

For the past week my weight has stalled. I haven't changed a thing with my counting, macros or anything with what I eat. I actually have increased my cardio a bit (nice spring weathers), but my gym sessions are still the same. Yet for the past week my weight has basically stayed the same. Even increasing to 96.2kg one day. What the hell is going on? Even if stayed 100% sedentary, I should still slowly lose weight according to a TDEE calculator, so the numbers really don't make sense. Yes I understand that in the beginning I probably lost quite a bit of water weight, so the actual weight I lost probably wasn't 6+ kilo's, but still. Going from losing at average 1.6kg/week to basically plateauing seems really out of the place? I don't think that my daily expenditure of calories suddenly drops to 2200 a day at 95.3kg BW.

Should I lower my calorie intake, or should I just try to trust the process and try to ride this wave hoping that it's temporary?

Taking in all helpful tips, encouraging messages, any reasonable explanations and just posts that are filled with overall positive vibes!

Thanks for taking the time from your time to read this mess of a text and commenting!

submitted by /u/Prnbro
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3x9WGat

No comments:

Post a Comment