Monday, April 12, 2021

I saw my full body in a picture today and was very happy!!!

One of the main things that sparked me to try and get back in shape was seeing some pictures with my full body last fall/winter. I've always struggled with weight loss and managing expectations, which led to discouragement and then the cycle would start over. However, this year, I promised myself there was no "magic number," I wasn't going to go crazy by "cutting carbs/sugars/fats/whatever" and set myself up for an unrealistic diet. Instead, I started working out 3-4 days a week (lots of HiiT and Cardio) and tracking calories on my phone with an app. I specifically have only weighed myself every few weeks and have not tried to be a madman about workouts and diet like in the past. This had led me to drop 20 pounds since the New Year, going from 247-226 while still maintaining my focus and motivation.

Jump to his past Saturday, when my wife and I took our kids on a long walk. At one point I was horsing around with my kids and my wife snapped a candid pic of it without us realizing. I saw it later and I was very happy how I looked in the photo. I'm trying to take it a day at a time and really just focus on my overall health without the BS that has tripped me up before, but this was a definite win for me. Thank you to everyone on this sub, it's so great to read the different stories and it's definitely a pick-me-up on the days when its harder. Take care of yourselves.

submitted by /u/get_the_funk_up
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dd2xE4

No comments:

Post a Comment