Thursday, April 8, 2021

Impatient with weight loss... Motivation buddies?

Hi all, I know this is probably a common problem but i don't have a lot of people who understand how difficult this weight loss process is for me and have little patience for it. Also, i am embarrassed with talking about it, as the response is always very quickly 'it's your own fault for eating too much so you made the bed'.

I know it requires consistent effort and time. I know a normal weight loss pace is 1-2 pounds a week (0,5-1 kg). I also know that people tend to lose a lot more when they first start.

Have done all the yo-yoing for about 12 years now, but have been obese (bmi 32) for the past two years. Have tried to calorie restrict several times but could never stick to it, at some point i was utterly desperate because i couldnt go two days without making poor food choices.

This time, i want to make the change. I really really do. I have the graduation of my phd coming up in a month and i dont want to be obese on these pictures.... Ive read several books and am trying new things based on neuropsychology, and hope that this time, i will see it through.

That said, i put pressure on myself. I have really restricted myself to around 1200-1300 kcal a day, but have lost 'only' 6,6 pounds in a little over 6 weeks. Ive read a book about bright line eating that said people would on average lose 18 pounds in 8 weeks when they start. I dont move much due to covid and feet injuries so i figure i have low BMR, but i feel like i cant and shouldn't restrict myself much more.

Im getting impatient with how slow it is going. I know i have no other option. Nothing else i can do but to continue. But I have found i feel sad and frustrated.

Words of advice? :(

submitted by /u/Tigchouffe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2POzy06

No comments:

Post a Comment