Thursday, April 1, 2021

It's Freaking Me Out...

SW: 248 5'7, 32/F

CW: 223

GW: 200

2021 has been an interesting year. I've been crushing some personal goals of mine including weight loss.

First, I lost approximately 20lbs.

Then, I went to the eye doctor and had an overdue eye exam. And I splurged on contacts.

Between the weight loss and the contacts, I catch myself in the mirror and I don't recognize my face. I mean, it's still my face but it's different. It's a thinner face. I can see my eyeballs. And my chubby cheeks aren't so, well, chubby.

It's almost surreal. I've read other posts here along the same thing but it doesn't stop at my face. Yesterday, when I was changing clothes, I noticed my thighs.

I've always been self conscious about my thick thighs but they're not so thick anymore. My legs are a little more slender.

I put on my watch and have to tighten it a bit more which causes me to examine my wrists. It's my wrist but it doesn't feel like my wrist.

Like another me is inhabiting my body. I'm pursuing hobbies I love. I'm losing weight. I'm enjoying life. I'm happy. I'm content.

But this body doesn't feel like mine anymore. I'm wearing leggings. Leggings!

The girl that was convinced she looked ugly wearing anything that wasn't baggy, runs around town in leggings. And whose legs are these? They're mine. They're attached to my body. But they don't feel like my legs.

Does your mind catch up with the change? Because it's really freaking me out. I know it's in my head. It gets better, right? I get used to it?

I never saw this coming when I decided to employ portion control. That's all I did. Portion control. Cut my portions in half. Cut back on beverages. Choose healthier salad dressings.

Now I've incorporated a bit of jump rope into my week. And this body doesn't feel like mine. It doesn't look like mine. It doesn't feel like mine.

But it sure feels great! Whomever it belongs to might not get it back.

submitted by /u/xLadyPhoenix74x
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mcZOx8

No comments:

Post a Comment