Saturday, April 10, 2021

Losing without calorie counting and fasting.

Hello! I'm pretty new to this sub but not to weight loss (and gain).

My weight has been fluctuating since I was 14 (almost 17 now). I used to be a super, super picky eater since I'm autistic. When I was 14 I was put on medications that made me gain a bunch of weight, to the point where my BMI was 32. I started eating a lot, because not only were my meds changing my metabolism, but they were making me hungrier AND decreasing my anxiety around food. Triple combo. One day I realized how fat I had gotten, and I vowed to lose it! But I didn't know how to do that, so I developed an eating disorder. I have never had access to a scale at home, but I think I got down to a BMI of 22 when I was 15. It only took me 5 months to lose the weight, and I still suffer health issues because of that. I then went into recovery, and I stopped caring about what I ate and only ate what made me happy.

Unfortunately, what makes me happy makes my body feel like garbage. I've gained a lot of the weight back (not all of it though!) and I'm sick of putting garbage into my body. I also need to balance not relapsing into my eating disorder. I've been eating better for about a month and a half now and I feel amazing.

Here's what I've changed:
-Swapped coffee for tea
-eating more fish and vegetables
-swapped red meats with pork and chicken
-trying to remove dairy from my diet, I'm lactose intolerant so it makes me feel pretty gross.
-Swapping pasta for rice
-eating a lot more fermented products
-cutting sodapop and drinking homemade unsweetened tea instead

My diet is based on traditional Japanese cooking, as I love the flavours and the foods I like are pretty healthy.

I've decided to do this whole thing without counting calories, as that's a major trigger for me. I refuse to fast, as that was one of my major eating disorder behaviours. So far I'm doing really well!

I'm happy that I'm able to eat well without damaging my body. Cheers!

submitted by /u/ibuprofennz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d72ZUj

No comments:

Post a Comment