Saturday, April 10, 2021

When you hit 1/3 of your goal weight lost and your BMI is still well over the threshold for obesity

Hit 30 lbs down out of a goal of 90, and I was curious what my BMI would be given as now. I know BMI isn't everything but it hits hard af when your BMI tells you you're obese.. And anytime you go to the doctor they tell you that and give you a pamphlet about weight loss.

So I checked my BMI now and I'm still at 33, aka well above the 30 threshold for obesity. 30 lbs, over 10% of my starting weight, seemed significant enough that it might move me at least to "overweight" category which still feels bad but I guess not. My negativity has been telling me in general hitting 1/3 of your goal isn't that significant, you're still not even halfway and you've been haphazardly trying for years, and this just reinforces that.

And in looking at this I even realized my goal weight, which I was at one point and wore M or even S shirts sometimes, is even almost technically in the overweight category. Even my goal weight is at the very top of the "normal weight category" which means in just natural fluctuation I'll probably technically be overweight pretty often, even at my goal weight.

I was my goal weight for a little while on high school (22 now) and that's when I was working out almost every day, ate pretty well and definitely looked skinny in my opinion at least. Am I just gonna be permanently technically overweight? Or do I really have to push that hard to be the lightest I've ever been as an adult?

Feelsbadman.png

submitted by /u/danielj1632
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dQ9NVr

No comments:

Post a Comment