Saturday, April 10, 2021

Diet + exercise - but no weight loss? Doctor recommended medications.

I spoke to an endocrinologist about my PCOS and obviously she recommended weight loss. I was concerned when she recommended this because I have struggled to lose my excess weight for about 6 years. In 2014 I experienced rapid weight gain despite my diet and exercise habits not changing. I gained about 10lb in a week. Then another 10lb in the month after that. By 2018 I had gained a little over 30lbs. I have always tracked my calories, eaten a balanced diet, and exercise frequently.

Because of this concern she recommended ozempic, saxenda, and contrave for weight loss. From what I can tell from a quick google search, these all work primarily through appetite control.

I explicitly told her diet and appetite were not a concern for me. I take vyvanse and my appetite is non existent. These drugs seem redundant and don't really address my concerns.

I'd like to lose the excess weight because there is a correlation to my weight gain and symptoms - but I don't feel like there is room for improvement in my lifestyle (ie. exercise more, eat less). Taking a medication that reduces my appetite makes no sense to me. I wanted more information on why I gained weight so suddenly, why I continued to gain weight with my diet and exercise routine, and how I can lose the weight safely and effectively.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I wrong about these drugs?

ps. this doctor has information on weight loss, its not why I saw her but I expected more info from her.

submitted by /u/C-elegant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3g7Rtto

No comments:

Post a Comment