Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Low energy levels and moodiness once I transitioned to maintence

I am currently in the middle of my weight loss journey and have achieved many goals, such as habitual running, weightlifting, healthy eating, cutting added sugar and losing 50 pounds. (I may have an out of date flair. I'm currently 27F 5'4.5" | SW 233 | CW 182 | GW 150).

I did okay through this. I was tired but very driven to lose weight so I'd use that to fuel my activities. My rate of weight loss gradually slowed which was stressing me out big time. I started listening to Renaissance Periodization which is a podcast lead by doctors, who are also athletes, that developed diets and workout programs that are only backed by rigorous science. It helped me avoid getting sucked into trends.

They talk a lot about the importance of incorporating periods of maintenance into your diet so I decided to give it a try. I'm 10 days in. First couple days were okay but now I suddenly have less energy, while eating more food. I am eating the same, just more. I am so damn tired. I'm running slower and cant weight lift the same, even after taking a 6 days off. This got worse on Easter (and every day since). I treated my self to chocolate, ate more than I intended and my mood plummeted. Like dropped to levels of despair I haven't felt since I was depressed as a teen.

I don't know what this is from. Maintenance is supposed to be a recharge.

It could be because I don't have my weight loss goals driving me through "the suck".

I do suffer badly from seasonal allergies which might be adding to the fatigue.

I'm looking into therapy, sleeping lots and still cranking out some wimpy workouts.

Due to covid, I have to wait a couple months to get a full medical check up (Canadian). In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else might have gone through this or has any insights.

submitted by /u/MapleSnowflake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PzLhjn

No comments:

Post a Comment