Wednesday, April 7, 2021

I realised something this morning...

Hi, obligatory long time lurker, never posted, always read, sorry for the long post...

I started off my weight loss journey in 2017 with 270 pounds, and got down to a proud and very sporty 213 at some point, it was still too much, but man was I fit and happy! And well what can i say, corona came and boom 250 here we come. Then I had enough, pulled off three months of keto, hit the gym and I was down to 233 and back on track and feeling motivated.

Then come November things got real bad. Out of fear of getting depressed in my one bedroom apartment far away from family and friends, I decided to move back in with my parents, whole house, garden, pets, contact... You get the picture. The only problem? Food! It's everywhere, it's comforting, and its kind of a hobby for my parents...
And what happened? I gave up! So I thought anyways: Dinners would never be healthy, and I didn't want to act like a spoilt 32 year old brat, constantly complaining about the foods not meeting my restrictions. But at the same time I gave up... I decided on a simple "damage control" plan:

Healthy breakfast and lunch, because they are MY meal-times and well... trying to not max out on dinners... which is hard with all those yummy creamy sauces and comforting carbs and depression screwing with your brain...

And unfortunately I started hating myself again... which sucks, because this situation is just about ready to take away all the hard work I did for my mind, body and soul. So yesterday I had enough and I got a scale to judge how bad the damage was. And to say the least I was scared and ready for hating myself big time for giving up. Yet, what can I say as of this morning 233 lbs is my current weight. I didn't lose anything living here, but I sure as hell did NOT gain weight.

So I just realised: These times are tough on everybody and circumstances are definitely hard and will stay tough for a while. But it's the little things, that we can control ourselves, the extra block we add on our walk, one scoop less of pasta and just accepting that sometimes you can't control everything in life and you can still be underestimating what you've accomplished by trying your current best.

So, today I choose to see that I have lost 37 Pounds overall and I'm just getting started!

submitted by /u/Key-Lawfulness7838
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PGISmQ

No comments:

Post a Comment