Monday, April 19, 2021

NSV: Buying clothes was fun!

Hi everyone-

I wanted to share a non-scale victory with you all! I am a guy who started at 250 pounds. I'm currently 200 pounds with a goal weight of 180. This summer I have a handful of events that require me to dress nicely. With my weight loss, I don't have any suits that fit so I decided to reward myself by buying a nice suit and a couple nice shirts. I decided to go to a local men's fine clothing store that requires, due to COVID, you to schedule an appointment to try things on and get your suit fitted. I had a BLAST! The clothes looked great; I felt super confident. I got to assess the clothes based on whether or not I liked them- not whether or not they fit. This was huge for me. Shopping for clothes has historically been a super demoralizing experience. To put things on, look in the mirror, be willing to step out of the changing room and get opinions- whoa, that was so different and so fun. I left feeling very grateful that I have given myself this gift. And, I felt like I was really committing to myself- I spent a fortune so that's gonna be great motivation for maintenance.

I even asked the folks at the store if the mirror was a special mirror because I truly couldn't believe how great I looked. I know it is not all about appearance, but feeling that confidence was such a massive win for me.

submitted by /u/saucyminiseries
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3efbjAv

No comments:

Post a Comment