Monday, April 5, 2021

NSV - I’ve made it 8 weeks into my exercise streak!

My weight had been really stuck for a while, and I realized I needed to get back to more consistent exercise. Some weeks I was getting 3 days in, other weeks I didn’t exercise at all. No reason except pure laziness—I have tons of time.

I know that besides making weight loss harder, leaving off exercise will just be bad for my health in the long run. I don’t like losing it as a habit.

So I decided to aim for a streak: sticking to my goal of exercising 5x/week for as many weeks in a row as I can, and yesterday I hit the 8th week!

In doing so, my time spent exercising in the month went up 3 hours in February compared to January, and up 5 hours in March compared to February (so March is up 8 hours from January!)

My weight still didn’t get moving like it should, which was really discouraging, but I stuck to maintaining my streak and I’m really proud of that. On days when I wanted to skip exercise (besides the 2 rest days a week), I thought about my streak, and it never felt worth breaking. Even if my weight didn’t drop, I knew I was doing something great for my health, and that was reassuring.

This week, my weight finally dropped 2 lbs, putting me out of the obese BMI range; and I took some progress pics, and compared to my last progress pics (6 lbs ago, but from the end of 2019), I look SO much better now! It looks more like a 15 lb difference.

My next goal is to keep my streak for 12 weeks! I love seeing so many weeks in a row checked off, something in my obsessive brain really responds to that.

submitted by /u/bosnyrose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mwZr0J

No comments:

Post a Comment