Tuesday, April 20, 2021

NSV: New friend assumed I've been fit for years.

28M 175cm SW140kg, CW90kg, GW80kg

In the last year I've lost 50kg (~110 lbs) from 140>90kg. About 6 months ago I started a new sport, and recently I was at a dinner with some teammates and met someone for the first time.

When I mentioned I'd only joined the sport 6 months ago, my new friend acted surprised that I was new and told me he'd assumed I had been playing for years because I was in good shape and based on my shoulders.

I tried to be humble about it, but to be honest in the last year amongst all the lovely things I've been told, everyone's surprise and shock, that is what meant the most to me. My housemates are sick of me talking about the weight loss, and I don't want to brag about it, but I'm so proud of myself that I've been able to do that in a year.

I'm still on my journey with another 10kg to go, but just a reminder of the importance of perseverance. You can do it!

submitted by /u/Ericthehalfabee-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xaQEpV

No comments:

Post a Comment