Sunday, April 18, 2021

One Year into my Journey and I have lost 170 pounds.

38 M | 6' 3 | SW: 401. CW: 230. GW: 200

I read this sub alot and never really make any posts or comments. I have wanted to write about my journey for awhile but I can never find the right words. This will be all over the place so just read it if you want I'll try to post some pictures at the end.

I lost my job at the beginning of covid, I hated it and was always surrounded by food. The day I was done I felt such relief wash over me. I was able to get unemployment and had 3 months to focus on myself. I started out walking a little at a time trying to get 5000 steps at first then 10000. I walked everyday and pretty soon I was walking farther than I could ever imagine. I am an introvert and being alone and finally dealing with my thoughts and feelings helped me overcome depression, anxiety, and self hatred I have had my whole life.

About a month in I remember waking up to the pouring rain and being so upset that I couldn't walk, but I said fuck it and drove to a park and walked for over a hour getting poured on to hit my 10000 steps. After that I knew it was over and that I was going to lose this weight and nothing would stop me.

I started eating better and went to about a 1500 calorie diet with mostly whole foods. The interest in cooking and preparing foods got me interested in going back to school for nutrition. Since then I have changed majors but I have not given up on finally earning a degree.

After 3 months and about 60 pounds of weight loss I got a warehouse job for the first time in my life and lost 30 in pounds in a month. Everyday I set a goal to be the best and work harder than everyone else. I want to be the best and I want to succeed even if the job is only physically stimulating. Truth be told I lost 160 pounds in 9 months.

By Christmas I had my friend take a picture of me and I cried like a baby, I couldn't believe that was me. I worked so hard for 9 months and by the time I took a second to look at myself I couldn't believe it.

2 days after Christmas I met a girl and had a gf for the first time in probably 10 years. 3 months later we broke up but I learned alot about myself and it felt good to be loved. Afterwards the pain was hard but needed to remind myself you can fail too. Just last week I met a girl who also shared a weight loss journey and got out of depression. It really blew me away that you can meet people with similar stories in real life and the connection is amazing. We decided to give it a go at a relationship and I couldn't be happier.

I don't know if you are still reading this but I just hope if your trying to lose weight and you hate yourself and don't think your worth anything I understand. It is hard to put yourself out there and give it everything you have. It is hard work to be happy but it is more rewarding then food or any other vice you have. You can change and be happy and have a new outlook on life. Try loving yourself and others will love you.

I walked 50 miles in one day about 3 weeks ago just to prove to myself I could. I'm not anybody special and I feel like I can do great things so anyone reading this I just want you to know you have great things inside you too.

Here are some random pics to see the difference.

https://imgur.com/a/hleiEeT

submitted by /u/dodadoof
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3stjL4l

No comments:

Post a Comment