Thursday, April 1, 2021

One year on and I'm finally overweight

I'm 6'3 42 year old male - last year I weighed 290lbs and I was obese class 2 - I became ill last march I thought it could be covid I have no idea couldn't get tested but changing symptoms and struggled to breath for 6 weeks.

I realised I needed to change to see 50 regardless of covid. I was a regular gym goer I cycled 8 miles a day so always felt good but when zoom calls started I couldn't deny that double chin looking back at me.

First I started by writing a list of all the low GI healthy foods I liked I spent the first 2 weeks cutting out all rubbish and didn't count calories - I felt like a junkie - I craved good but I was full - possibly the first time in my life I realised I had a problem with sugar. The sugar adjustment took up to 8 weeks to go away.

The gym closed because of the pandemic here so every morning at 6 i'd leave the house walk for an hour roughly 6000 steps then I'd make sure I'd done 10-15000 steps each day.

I had so many calories mfp set for 1.5lbs a week and it worked.

As the pounds came off my tdee lowered and I gradually lowered my calories - this changed my food intake and increased my exercise.

I now do roughly a 18:6 fast eating my last meal around 21:00 (I've always done if but now do it mindfully)

I now eat 4 meals a day Foods that helped

Chicken Eggs Rice Cous cous Mince beef Vegetables Salad no dressing Greek yogurt Milk Cream of rice (hard to get in UK - CSN or complete strength sell it and it's amazing once I learned how to prep it)

Thanks to this sub and r/volumeeating I've made changes I think I can stick to

As of today I'm 239lbs BMI 29.9 my personal goal is another 29lbs to go and then reassess or maintain

Thank you to this sub it's been so good for me

Edit - I did get covid in December / January and the symptoms were very mild I think that was due to the weight loss

submitted by /u/canthelpmyself70-1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39yfg1M

No comments:

Post a Comment