Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Only lost 10 pounds in 93 days...

...But I'm 10 pounds lighter than I was 93 days ago :)

To those discouraged by slow progress (myself included) - it's still progress!! 10 pounds down in 93 days is better than 5 pounds down in 93 days which is better than giving up 92 days ago (or 82 days ago, or 72 days ago). Time and time again I have thought to myself, 'If I had kept up with losing weight back x number of weeks ago, I would be x pounds lighter by now...' But now, I can say that I have been keeping this up since January 18 2021, and this 24F is now 201.2 instead of 211.2.

Making a lifestyle change is slow work, but I've finally learned that being kind and lenient with myself is what will show lasting results. Do I wish I was down 20 pounds by now? Sure. Could I have lost weight faster had I quit all my habits cold-turkey? Probably. But that wouldn't have been sustainable for me.

I've been self-conscious of my weight since I was 10, and I'm slowly ( s l o w l y ) doing my best to change my habits, particularly reframing how I think. I'm finally approaching weight loss as a result of healthy lifestyle changes, and not just jumping on a diet, losing 5-20 pounds, then jumping back off because it's not sustainable. That's been the pattern of my life for the past 14 years, and I am confident this time I will reach my goal weight of 199.9, then my next next goal weight of 186.9, then my next next next goal weight of 175.9... until I hit 145lb.

Baby steps are still steps! 1 pound is still weight loss, as is .1 pound. 1 more day of tracking is another day in your streak, and remember that slow progress is still progress! I'm saying this as much for myself as I am for others on this sub. I hope you can be kind to yourself and keep reaching for your goals, no matter the speed :)

submitted by /u/peonypeaches
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tRTLRP

No comments:

Post a Comment