Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Similar Approach to Intuitive Eating but Allowing for Weight Loss?

Has anyone come across anything similar to intuitive eating, but that allows for/accepts the concept of desiring weight loss and healthy/balanced eating? I agree with a lot of the principles of IE, but it seems like every time I try to find a method combining it with intentional/healthy weight loss (or just watching what you eat in general for physical health reasons) there seems to be an all-out rejection of this concept.

If you search for it, you are often met with responses about needing to address your desire for weight loss and reject societal standards/etc. I'm all for body confidence and rejection of toxic ideas - which is what I do like about IE however, I do believe there are legitimate and healthy reasons for wanting to lose weight. Maybe it's just me, but a lot of what I've read seems almost shaming of the desire to lose weight. Just curious if you've found a more balanced approach than this, thanks!

submitted by /u/Fit-Ad-3138
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31R9Bjb

No comments:

Post a Comment