Thursday, April 1, 2021

Skinny fat dude trying to lose weight. Tips?

Before I go into details, just to point out that I'm a total amateur regarding fitness, even though I played competitively basketball till age 17 and still do very often on a recreational basis 5-6 times a week during the summer. So basically, starting from Monday this week I decided that it was time to lose some weight as I've gained around 12-13kg in the last three years and it has tremendously affected the shape of my body. Prior to the weight gain I wasn't rockin any muscles but I had strength and not much fat (192cm, 78kg). And oh man did I feel great at the time. I was running half marathons and marathons on a weekly basis. Fast forward to now(192cm, 90), I have a bit of a belly and fat on every possible part of the body. I would atribute that transformation to the lack of daily excercise alongside with a bad diet. Just to note, I do play basketball still, walk close to 7-8 kilometers every day and use my bike all of the time. My body constitution isn't bad, just filled with fats and I was advised previously to not lose weight and basically try transforming that fat into muscle, as I'm still kinda skinny. But tbh I ain't diggin that at all. So as the complete noob I am I started pumping cardio on a stationary bike alongside a 1900 calories diet and it's going surprisingly well as I feel extremely good knowing that I cut off lots of the junk I used to eat (I know it's been only 3 days, but I don't miss pizzas and potato chips at all). Just today I found out that cardio probably isn't the happiest solution for my situation as I'm not striving for a big weight loss (10 kg). Supposedly, I gotta work on my strength, which I totally overlooked. So at the end of the day I want to get back to my previous form with muscle definition not being important to me. So should I totally skip on cardio and try doing strength excercises or should I go with more of a mix? And what strength excercises do you recommend in house or park environment as the gyms are closed now and I'm not quite keen visiting them in the near future (a YT video or app would be ideal for strength)? I just don't feel good while in them. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/MFVEJA
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PPDbm8

No comments:

Post a Comment