Thursday, April 1, 2021

SV: Twotopia, here I am!

I hit my first big milestone today. I started at 329lbs end of January and am down to 298 today. And right on schedule at that (planned for it by March 31st) :)

I think the biggest reason for my weight loss is "outsourcing" food to a prepped meal service. I started of with BistroMD (the food is okay but gets old fairly quickly, I am trying out Snap Kitchen at the moment and might try other companies in the future). I did the full 3 meals, 2 snacks a day program in the beginning. This made getting used to CICO a lot easier as I had only as much food as I needed for the week in the house, perfectly portioned already. And this way there was always an easy, fast meal available, so no excuse to order take out or eat frozen pizza instead of cooking. Prepped meals also have all the macros already counted, so it's faster to track as well. This way I could focus on the mental health side of weight loss first and minimize the likelihood of giving up early on. I could focus on portion size, mindful eating, etc. I then slowly reduced the amount of meals I ordered. Taking care of snacks myself first, followed by cooking my own meals on the weekends (that's were I am at the moment). My plan is to continue increasing the meals I cook myself slowly, rewiring my brain and my relationship with food.

I am also trying to be kind to myself and be somewhat flexible on my calorie goal. I usually eat around 1300kcal a day but anything between 1200 to 1500 is okay. I don't want to stress myself out by sticking to one number too strictly. There are easy days where eating 1200 feels perfectly fine and then there are days where I simply need that extra snack in the afternoon. And if I happen to go above that range some days, than that's okay too. I just stick to it the next day again.

And lastly, just reading in this and other subs has been such a big help. There are so many good posts here that introduced me to new food items (laughing cow cheese anyone?), new ideas (nonzero days), and are just generally uplifting, motivating, and helpful. Big thank you to y'all!

I hope that my process continues this way and I get to onederland and my end goal of 155lbs one day.

submitted by /u/ValierMary
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sVM4sY

No comments:

Post a Comment