Sunday, April 18, 2021

Tracking macros/protein intake insights

Hi r/loseit!

I’ve been a member here for years, mostly lurking. A few years back I lost 28 lbs(SW: 168-GW: 140), CICO only, and after years of maintenance and having a baby I’m back up to around 165 lbs.

This time though, I decided I didn’t just want to lose weight, but gain muscle, so I’ve started weight lifting using body weight, dumbbells, and resistance bands at home. In order to gain muscle, it was recommended that I track my protein intake and try to get ~100 grams of protein a day. My first day tracking my protein, I thought I was eating all the right things, but it turns out I only had 14 grams of protein. (This has to do with weight loss, I promise!)

After researching and actually eating a high protein diet, I feel SO FULL all the time! I routinely get to 100+ grams of protein a day and realize that I’m only at 1300 calories for the day. My calorie intake with my workout and body recomp goals is about 1600/day, and sometimes it’s a struggle to eat that much if I have hit my protein goal. Conversely, I’ve noticed that on the days where I eat high carb meals, I almost always go over calories, or want to because I’m so hungry at the end of the day.

This has been a revelation for me. I was straight CICO for years, a calorie is a calorie, no ifs, ands, or buts. After tracking macros though, I feel the need to share this: protein has helped me feel much fuller every day, even while working out 5 days a week. If you are still really hungry at the end of the day, try checking out your macros.

YMMV, as always, this is just one person’s account, but it has been making such a huge difference for me and I really wish someone had mentioned it to me earlier in my journey.

Stats: F/28/5’6” SW: 165, CW: 164 Time elapsed: around 3 weeks

*the scale doesn’t tell the whole story here. My pants fit looser than they have in a long time, and I’m actually not always trying to hide my upper arms in long sleeves. For once I’m actually feeling proud of my body.

submitted by /u/helloweirdo26
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32psEkN

No comments:

Post a Comment