Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Trying to lose weight has taught me that I have no idea how to cook.

Around a month ago, I decided to take control of my body and start losing weight! I started by trying to cook my own food, but then I learned about cico and that I was eating on average 1500 calories more than I should a day. So decided to do only huel products for a while to get my body a sense of how much it should eat in a normal day.

Its been a little over a week of only huel now, and while I am tired all the time my body has gotten used to a calorie deficit (I'm not craving any more food than I am eating!). I decided it was time to start trying to make my own calorie counted meals, and that's when I realized...... I have basically no cooking ability.

Like my meals usually consist of one of:

  • an entire box of pasta, some pan fried vegetables and some sauce
  • rice and beans
  • or homefries
  • oatmeal with peanutbutter

I was honestly pretty horrified when I realized that was basically all I usually eat!

I am really excited to also start learning how to cook as part of this weight loss journey! I have some meals that people suggested in a thread I made last month (my favorite meal I have learned so far is bursselsprouts and tofu, thank you u/OakWoodlandDream)! Its really fun to have a whole new hobby to get excited for as part of this!

If anyone has any suggestions for vegetarian recipes I would love to hear them, but mostly I just wanted to share this thing I realized!

submitted by /u/Burneracountismyname
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aqZ5nt

No comments:

Post a Comment