Sunday, April 4, 2021

When a family member's comment ruins your whole day

I don't mean to complain on here but this is a supportive community. And I just had a serious breakdown today. I just want to know how you guys get over comments and breakdowns like this.

I've been on a real, sustainable weight loss journey for the past 1.5 months and have lost around 5 lbs after struggling to lose weight for the past 3 years. And I'm pretty sure my body has recomped a bit, slimmed down waist & my legs look way more defined than they used to. I'm a 5'6'' female, 191 lbs.

Today was a hot day and I decided to wear a sleeveless t-shirt. My dad for some reason decided to ask me if I gained weight since I started living with him (started Oct 2020) and I said I was pretty much the same (didn't mention the -5lb loss) and he commented that my arms looked pretty big. That comment just made me break down and I cried in the shower for a solid 30 min. I worked out TWICE today and ate 100 cal under my limit and I was actually feeling good about myself and then people feel the need to say things that are hurtful. The only reason I'm living with him is so he isn't lonely during the pandemic and because he can't drive and have NEVER said anything hurtful to him even though there's a lot of flaws. I'm just so angry and over it.

Not to mention, I'm an extremely busy person (9-5 tech job, grad school & a side business). So staying on track with a weight loss journey and not giving in to comfort food is really f*cking hard.

Anyone have any tips on how to make yourself feel better?

submitted by /u/slothlorien
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3unh05M

No comments:

Post a Comment