Friday, June 11, 2021

More lifestyle changes that got me through a plateau

I posted a few months back about my slow weight loss (which I am still proud of lol). I learned a couple of things recently that helped me through a plateau so I wanted to share it here.

This may not be for everyone, but if you’re an active person you may be having the same struggles.

  1. Eating more protein. I thought I was doing great hitting 90-100 g per day. That’s what everything I read for the average person says. Well, I guess I am much more active then the average person. So I was told to go up to 1g per pound....150g per day!!!!!! I freaked out at first and thought how do I get there and calorie count?!? I also needed to add more leafy vegetables. Well, it’s working, I am back to losing weight again and I feel like I am eating more!

1a. Protein shakes: Adding protein shakes just seemed like extra calories to me. I always thought if I need more protein I will just eat it (jerky etc). Now that I have started, I actually really like them as my snack.

1b. My weight stopped fluctuating sooo much, it was so wildly up and down 5lbs day by day I couldn’t really see what was happening. Now it’s consistent when I step on the scale.

  1. Strength training: I added 3 days a week of strength training. It has helped tremendously. I was super cardio heavy before and so focused on burning calories. With that said I had to stop running and switched to walking...so even though I added strength, my cardio is down. This is where I feel like I am losing fat and gaining muscle. I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist, but maybe only lost 4-5 lbs so far. So it’s not so much the scale moving as it is the tape.

  2. Last tip, I set a single calorie goal, so ~1700-1900 per day. So some days, calorie trackers were telling me I could eat like 2500+ . Long story short, I quit eating back the calories I was burning.

Some of this is probably pretty basic, but I thought I was doing it right. Counting calories and staying active. I just didn’t realize I was missing a few “minor” things. I finally feel like I can maintain this, before I was wondering how I would keep up with my diet and activity level, now I finally get it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ix4u6h/my_weight_loss_has_been_less_than_half_a_pound_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

submitted by /u/Redv0lution
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/359SbQr

No comments:

Post a Comment