Friday, June 11, 2021

Lost 50 pounds, gained 30 back

in 2019 I started strict keto and by early 2020 I had lost about 50 pounds. I was feeling so good about myself, and I had so many friends and family members congratulate me and tell me how proud they were of me. It felt so great in the moment to hear that. Even people I hadn't talked to in years would message me on social media to tell me how great I looked. When the pandemic hit, I stayed pretty consistent, until earlier this year. Late last year I moved in with my bf, and I also started birth control earlier this year for hormonal purposes (I've also been diagnosed with PCOS). Since Feb 2021, I've gained back about 30 pounds.

Now not only do I feel bad about myself and disappointed I've gained weight back, I think of all those compliments and my brain has turned them into criticisms. All those 'I'm so proud of you!' are now 'I'm so disappointed in you'. Every 'you look so great!' now in my head is 'wow you've let yourself go'.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Obviously nobody has verbally said these things to me, maybe they've noticed I've gained weight in their own head. But I feel worse about my image now than I did when I was 20 pounds heavier and starting my weight loss journey in 2019.

submitted by /u/amazingamyxo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cDdHRB

No comments:

Post a Comment