Thursday, June 3, 2021

NSV: I can hike now!

Hey everyone! I would firstly like to say that you all are so inspiring! This is my first time posting here, but your advice and progress posts have been so helpful in my own weight loss journey. No one really knows that I’m currently trying to lose weight which means I don’t really have anyone to share happy news with, so I figured I would share this here. About 6 months ago, I went hiking with a couple friends on a fairly strenuous up-hill trail and was SO out of breath and exhausted. Like I barely made it to the top and thought I was going to pass out the entire way. It was so embarrassing, especially because my friends are thin and athletic and they had no problem with the hike. That was honestly when I decided that I needed to make a change. I have a long history of yo-yo dieting, so I wanted to make sustainable changes this time around. I’ve been eating in a calorie deficit for the most part and have realized that I actually love strength training. My starting weight was around 210-215 lbs and I’ve felt that my weight loss had been pretty slow since I’ve lost only about 15-20 lbs in the last 5-6 months (which I know is partly because I’ve destroyed my metabolism in the past and partly because I’ve relapsed with my binge-eating a few times). However, last weekend, I went on another hike which was almost as strenuous as the first one and I made it all the way to the top of the mountain without stopping or feeling exhausted! I definitely feel like I’ve gotten stronger, even if I haven’t necessarily lost as much weight as I have wanted. I was all smiles at the end of that hike and I now understand why people say to not rely solely on the scale. I’m looking forward to the rest of this journey, no matter how slow it is!

submitted by /u/heelyay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uYzeL7

No comments:

Post a Comment