Friday, November 26, 2021

A bit puzzled on the lack of weight loss

Hi there!

Gotta give you some context first: (and body specs)

I had sleeve surgery when i was about 18 years old because of my weight. Before that, i was under so many dietitians and personal trainers that i lost count. i'll be completely honest, i followed everything they asked of me religiously, but it didn't work out (and that period took years) so after all that, kid (or teen) me lost the discipline and became sloppy with new help. Hence, why i eventually needed the surgery, as i was dwelling into depression as well after trying so hard for years. I was basically broken. (i found out later in life that my dietitian and trainer really misguided me, so everything could've been avoided..)

After the surgery, i got lucky and lost ALL the weight, without having to do any exercise. Normally, the surgery would help a lot, but people still need to work out and eat well since it's a tool, not a complete solution. (you could probably figure out that this "luck" is not luck at all, since it doesn't make you learn your lesson)

i kept the weight off easily for 7 years. Mainly, because my job was so physical and hard. i was in a poor mindset, so it didn't help me. As i would stay thin (too thin) but ate a lot of shit food because i didn't see any physical changes. I did weight lifting too, but you probably already guessed that my broken/beaten discipline from my teen years wasn't fixed, so it was on and off.

Finally, i opened my eyes (on my entire life, not just weight/health) when i turned 22. I started eating better, getting more consistent weight training done and everything was turning into the right direction.

Queue 2020 and Covid. I had it in October 2020. I am a asthma patient and wasn't completely healthy yet, so it kept me down and on the couch for about a month (keep in mind, when i am in my routine, i am extremely disciplined, but when i can barely move, my food eating disorder tends to come back) So i went from 90kg to 108kg (i was 90kg mostly due to the muscle increase, so that went well before 2020) So since everything was closed due to the lockdown, i had to improvise and started doing cardio and counting calories in the month of November and December.

Finally, the biggest issue: I broke my ankle in January 2021 with the most unluckiest fall off the stairs my hospital has ever encountered for someone as young as me. They almost had to amputate my ankle due to complications.

Luckily, they didn't have to. And i spend the next 2.5 to 3 months on the couch again, and as you can probably guess, my disorder got me again when i was down mentally. Now, i weighted in at 138 kg.

After learning how to walk again (had thrombosis in my leg that screwed things up further too) I started hitting the gym 4 times a week for 1.5h, and got my calories down to 1800 a day.

Probably not relevant at all, but to be sure: i've had about 7 operations in my short lifespan and have a lot of trouble with sleep and being tired all the time. Blood tests done several times with no outcome, currently getting help at the neurology department.

TLDR point is here!

189cm

138KG

Age 25

Male

Currently, about 85kg muscle mass, but take that with a grain of salt, as it's not 100% properly tested.

Got checked for any issues regarding thyroid, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Here comes the issue: I worked out 4 times a week (no skipping whatsoever, im in full workout mode) for about 1.5 hours, doing weights and doing them with a proper schedule that makes sure that my muscles get stimulated properly. I eat 1800 kcal with enough protein for my muscle and for weight loss. My results after a month? None. Still 138kg. I was puzzled, so i recalculated everything, and decided to up my 1800kcal to 2200, as i felt like my deficit was too much + as my self-employment is now sedentary, i bought a Fitbit, installed it to warn me every hour to walk 250 steps + i walk 1 hour each day that burns about 450 to 600 kcal (according to the device, so i take that with a grain of salt)

Another month passed, only 2kg. And that 2kg goes to 1.5, then back to 1.8 then to 1.7 etc (you know the drill, i weigh myself every day and use a smart scale with app for trends) I'm in the 2nd week of my second month and still on that same 2kg.

Honestly a bit lost here. My TDEE is already a mess, as even the lowest setting (sedentary) is 2894kcal, and i eat 2200 meaning a deficit of 694 kcal + the potential extra i lose with the weight training and hourly walk. If i put it on lightly active, it's already 3315kcal.

My food schedule is different with dinner, but the rest remains fairly consistent:

Midday foods:

Protein shake with 150ml skimmed milk ( 201kcal) 29.3gr protein

200gr of Chicken, only salt and pepper. About 202kcal, 38gr protein

Dinner:

Different each time, but i got already prepared meals from a private company, so i eat 150gr of veggies, 150gr of potatoes, or rice, or pasta, and 150gr of meat. And i know the source of the food (that was the job i worked at before leaving, and everything is really special in terms of handling food compared to other companies producing food nowadays)

All in all, the average kcal of dinner ranges from 300-500kcal and gives me about 25-30gr of protein

Evening food:

Greek yogurt 0% fat 500gr = 32.5gr protein 245kcal

Pork schnitzel 150gr = 30.9gr protein and 202kcal (my sleeve surgery really got me messed up if i eat foods like greens instead of something like meat or pasta related things. So i have to put in something like this in the evening to prevent pain)

All the cooking butter used, about 150kcal worth

I got about 800kcal worth left after that. And i usually fill that in when i am incredibly hungry in a part of the day (as my surgery really changed my body tremendously.)

Food choices are usually: baby bell cheese, some baked potatoes, goat cheese etc.

All in all, i get about 180gr of protein, 80 to 150gr of carbs, 40 to 70gr of fats on average.

Don't eat nuts or many fruits, as i am allergic. Not to the point of dying, but i get itches, or something on the inside starts hurting a bit, so i don't eat that stuff.

My water intake is mainly through tea (yabe mate unsmoked) with a drop or two of Sucralose (which could spike blood sugar a bit) and i only drink one coke sugar free a day to not go completely insane.

And finally, i also take vitamine D and C and magnesium. As my body needs the extra help due to the sleeve surgery

Sorry for the long post. Didn't know what context was relevant, so i decided to write it anyway.

submitted by /u/b00m666
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rcEkFe

No comments:

Post a Comment