Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Antidepressant is changing my body 23/F

Hello Reddit community,

I'm feeling very frustrated. I've always maintained a healthy weight and lifestyle but I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and started taking antidepressants 3 years ago. Since then, I've been steadily gaining weight no matter how much I exercise or eat healthy.

I will admit that the pandemic has not helped but it has been very depressing realizing that my favorite pants don't fit anymore.

I'm on 20mg of Lexapro, of which weight gain is a side effect, and my mentally ill brain is trying to convince me to wean off of it. I went to the doctor to lower my prescription to 10mg but I'm starting to have my old symptoms of depression and anxiety again which worries me.

I walk 30-60 min on the treadmill and walking my dog(usually a 2-3mph depending on my mood) and 8-10k steps every day.

I eat very little processed foods, I watch my portions, and I cook a lot of healthy meals with veggies, complex carbs, and lean meats. I have learned a lot about nutrition and health but I have had disordered eating in the past.

What is your experience with weight loss on antidepressants and how do you stay motivated when youre mentally ill?

submitted by /u/Competitive_Dig4496
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30TidIG

No comments:

Post a Comment