Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Need something new to get interested in weight loss again. Anyone have a program they have signed up for and liked.

TLDR: Anyone found a semi structured program they like? I need to make weigh loss exciting again.

I need to lose 40lbs. Fifty would be even better, but 40 would be a massive relief.

I have ADHD and lose interest in things quickly. It is very hard for me to maintain good habits. One ADHD "hack" I have found is to just jump into a new thing. I have given up on it being "the" answer, but usually I get 2-4 weeks of enthusiasm out of whatever the new thing is and can make some progress in that time.

I have been on and off WW for most of my life. It hasn't worked well for me for several years because: they depend far too much on fruit which I have to limit because I also have SIBO/IBS. Many vegetables are out. No beans, absolutely no nightshades (peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant), no oats, no mushrooms, no artificial sweeteners, and praying to God I can reintroduce gluten and brassica - like cauliflower, broccoli, and kale- once I am finished with latest treatment attempt. Kale went pretty well this week and so did sauerkraut, so fingers crossed I will have more veggie options soon. Dairy is weirdly OK and is my kryptonite. It is a hill I am willing to die on, lol.

I've done keto and it is great, but I didn't stick with it. I realize it was probably helping the GI issues because so many gluten free foods include potatoes and I have only just come to terms with the fact that they do cause major issues for me. Anyway, after trying and failing keto for a few years, it is time to try something new. I have also found that having some amount of rice/tapioca/cassava/sweet potatoes in the mix is helpful for my digestive problems.

I've tried just tracking on my own with the Carb Manager app and that lasts about four days. I combined it with the Habitica app, hoping it would fuel some motivation, but I just got sick of so much tracking.

What have you tried and liked?

submitted by /u/mallorn_hugger
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3CSnn5e

No comments:

Post a Comment