Tuesday, November 30, 2021

protein affecting weight loss?

Hi everyone. I (5’3 F, 22, CW: 134 lbs, SW:155.5, GW: 120) recently upped my protein intake as I’ve started doing more strength exercise than cardio. For context, I’m not super athletic to begin with so this is something like 0.6g/lb and pretty low stakes body weight exercises. I’ve been meticulous about CICO, and am consuming around 1225/day. Despite all of this, I’ve noticed that since consuming more protein, my stomach looks…bigger? and not in a newly muscular or bloated sort of way. It looks like I’m gaining fat around my middle again, and the scale has gone up a few pounds, even though that should be thermodynamically impossible? Again, it’s definitely not muscle gains of any kind yet (i wish!). Most of the protein I’m consuming is from things like greek yoghurt, tuna, fresh fruits and vegetables, etc but I also am drinking a dairy-free protein shake (muscle milk, 25g) with coffee daily. I’m drinking plenty of water and am not having digestive issues of any kind. Has anyone else had the experience of gaining weight after increasing protein? I know protein can’t be stored in the body except as fat but does this still apply in a calorie deficit? Does this weight gain go away? Thank you!!

submitted by /u/thesoutheastcoast
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pc7zFv

No comments:

Post a Comment