Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Remember that every pound on the scale, every 0.5 inch, every picture is proof that you're doing something right

I made a post yesterday about the struggle of pushing through weight loss. Today, I'll hit you guys with some inspiration, because sometimes we tend to disregard our progress hoping we had done more.

I was out last weekend for a mini vacation, I knew I was going to eat out all the time, I picked healthy-ish food. I honestly don't think I've ate over my maintenance all weekend, if anything I probably had 1 day of deficit still. Nonetheless I was dreading the numbers the scale would give me once I'd be back home. Ofc, I was back at 331, but I didn't go crazy about it, was 298 before leaving. I knew 100% that this was most likely water weight, I didn't drink as much water as I normally do. Grinded the gym/cardio monday, tuesday, and this morning I was at 295. I'm back on track. I'm hoping to shed to 294 for my weekly weight-in.

Now, why am I telling you this? It's easy to say for me cause I've yet to hit a plateau, and knock on wood I won't but that being said I have been on a steady 2lbs+ weekly and it's been amazing, problem is, once you're used to losing 2 lbs a week, I had 1 week where I loss only 1 lbs. Now the fact I said "only" is a problem. It's still a victory. 1 lbs is very good progress regardless, but I got so used to the 2lbs a week mentality that when I saw I had only loss 1lbs it felt like I hadn't made any progress.

This post is to remind you all that you need to look back sometimes, realize where you started, realize the progress and the change you made in your life. I can say for myself that if I were to meet my old self, he would probably wonder who the hell I am. This is a lifestyle, a mindset and we got this. If you weight-in weekly and lose weight, no matter the amount, realize that this is a victory. If you take measurement monthly, notice the slight decrease in the number, realize you've put in the work. If you take progress picture monthly, compare with the last month, I garantee you that you will see a difference. If you fit better in certain clothes, notice it, be happy about it. The moment you start noticing those change is the moment you'll get all the momentum you need to realize what you are doing is working and it's worth it.

submitted by /u/Noktawr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3CT0DBL

No comments:

Post a Comment