Friday, November 26, 2021

Grief has made me gain a fair bit of weight

I lost my partner earlier this year, and I’ve gained a fair bit of weight because of it. I know with grief, that weight loss isn’t the main thing I should focus on, but the weight gain has added to my depression. I didn’t really think much of it, until people started commenting on it. I didn’t realize it was so noticeable. But the other day, a woman asked me when my baby was due, and I’m not pregnant! She felt really bad for what she said, but it still bothered me a lot. When I’ve talked to my friends and family about it, they’ve all said that I don’t look pregnant, but that some people just carry more weight in their stomachs which also isn’t helpful. I feel like I just don’t know how to lose weight in a balanced manner. I actually go to the gym pretty regularly, but I know my diet isn’t the best, and because of grief, I drink more than I used to. When I’ve lost weight in the past, I was an all or nothing kind of person, so I ate very strictly, barely drank and exercised intensely almost every day, but I know that isn’t sustainable. I just don’t know how to approach weight loss now. Does anyone have any tips?

submitted by /u/Entire-Sorbet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32DAeM7

No comments:

Post a Comment