Monday, November 22, 2021

Questions About the Doctor's Office (US)

This is slightly off topic, but I thought many of you may have some informal experience that would be helpful for me. Next week will be the first time I have had an actual physical since my last visit as a minor. I was healthy then, and I am getting back to healthy now, but let myself go in a lot of ways in the years between then and now.

  1. My main question is bloodwork... Do I need to request anything special be done to get a lot of info about my health from the bloodwork, or is that a routine thing?
  2. Since I won't have baseline results from before I started attempting weight loss, are there specific things to look for to determine if I am doing it in a healthy way, or if I am at risk for anything based on my diet/weight (whether before or after changing it to be more healthy)
  3. This might be the most important... Are these things that a doctor will typically discuss with you? This is the first time I have gone as a real adult, and though I researched who I would see for my appointment and tried to pick someone who has been reviewed well, I still don't want to miss talking about something if they turn out not to be a helpful physician.

Thanks in advance!

For reference, I have only done the finger prick method at physicals. I have also only had my blood taken the normal way once at a doc-in-the-box so any tips for not passing out like I did last time would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/jojomaster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oPTr4H

No comments:

Post a Comment