Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Small Victory & life lesson

Small victory first: Down to my lowest weight since late 2016, at 192. Feel the need to celebrate, especially in the midst of this time of year that is traditionally tough on us.

I'd lost 100lbs in the past (down to 174), but then got a bit lazy on maintenance and put back on a good 35ish lbs or so. Since April 1st I've taken off 31lbs. My thinking is basically that I want to settle in the mid 180s and continue to reshape my body with strength training (which I've been doing all along through the weight loss this time and has definitely made it take a while longer than if I was just crashing down).

The month of November was basically one long plateau (192 on Oct 29, 192 today). And that brings us to the life lesson.

Through trial-and-error I realized that I actually haven't been eating enough. I mean I thought I was eating a good mix of macros to fuel myself, and I was never hungry at all, but I wasn't consuming enough calories (even at say 2200 a day) for the exercise I was doing. A 1500+ calorie deficit was messing with my metabolism and slowing it down too much. Bumping that up to 2500, even just having like a half dozen dried figs or something like that at the end of the day if I'm still short, has made the weight start to come back off again.

Happy journey everyone!!!

submitted by /u/daddytorgo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rvWe5I

No comments:

Post a Comment