Monday, November 22, 2021

Do we utilise / store every single calorie we consume?

Hi all, I've got a question about calorie consumption and weight loss, but it's a bit more nuanced than the Wiki can help with:

I’ve been losing weight gradually for a few years now, I've calculated my BMR and maintenance calories, and have tracked these for a while. For my height and weight, I need to consume around 1600 calories a day to maintain weight (BMR). Daily I consume around 1600, and I add-in some weight training and cardio, as at the moment I’m trying to lean-out. This is going well and I’m seeing steady, healthy progress as I lose weight and body fat.

I recently went on vacation, and consumed on average 4500 calories per day for 9 days. This means I consumed 2900 calories over my maintenance per day, and 26,100 for the 9 days in total.

My question is - if 3,500 calories equal 1 pound of body weight, have I just gained 7.5 lbs in 9 days, or will I have to burn-off 26,100 calories before I start to lose weight again? Do we use every single calorie or is there a cut-off where we just excrete it or something?

The science says yes but I honestly can't wrap my head around these figures for such a short period of time. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/yolobaggins1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3HFeYFT

No comments:

Post a Comment