Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Unexpected benefit to eating better, and what I'm looking forward to

I've only just started with my weight loss (see flair) but I'm already seeing benefits to eating better. I used to have an issue with having insanely itchy feet, especially at night. It was agonizing, especially since I have a lot of trouble bending over to scratch. My doctor did not know what was causing it, so he ordered blood tests and the only things out of the ordinary were elevated cholesterol and iron deficiency. Since I started improving my diet, the itch has gone away almost completely. I'm hoping for other benefits, including:

*Improved flexibility. My hip flexors are extremely tight because I've spent so much time sitting down (a definite disadvantage of working from home).

*Less knee pain. I was diagnosed with arthritis in my knees to a degree that's normally seen in much older people. *Improved energy and mental clarity. I spend a lot of time in a brain fog and sleep more than I should.

*Actually having the desire to exercise. Right now, exercise means pain.

*I have depression and anxiety, and I'm hoping to be able to deal with my mental health issues more effectively.

*Not having hip, back and knee pain when walking or standing for a long time.

I'm sure there are other benefits I'm not thinking of right now...

submitted by /u/MozzarellaFitzgerald
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nQvs69

No comments:

Post a Comment