Monday, November 29, 2021

Overpronation with exercise because of obesity?

Hi everyone. Background, I’m 5’8”, 295lbs, 26 years old and wanting to lose around 145-150. I started gaining excessive weight when I was 15 because of a medicine I was put on and the cycle never stopped. My lowest since then was 200lbs at 19-20 years old. Before Covid I was 230 and could walk comfortably despite being obese, would go miles a day no problem, but once the pandemic started I stopped walking and ate a lot so I gained 60+ lbs pretty fast…

Now that I want to drop it I’m starting to walk again. Part of the problem is, my right ankle started rolling inward and overstretching the bottom right part of my right leg after like 0.2 miles. Now I have extra wide shoes and can go like ~0.5 miles without it hurting at all but by a mile I’m done it hurts so bad. Looked it up and it’s called overpronation, basically like flat feet even though I have a good natural arch (hence why I was able to walk normally until now).

Does anyone have any advice for exercise while getting this problem? I have the wide shoes that I like. And Like I said my preferred method is walking, especially for how big I am and I can get my heartrate to a fat burning level but I just can’t maintain the ability to walk. Pretty frustrating. I am changing my diet so idk if the natural weight loss from that will help but I want to be able to go at least a mile without limping…

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/StrikingCheesecake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3FSmr2q

No comments:

Post a Comment