Thursday, November 25, 2021

Big drop day after starting methylprednisolone dose pack

ETA: I’m an early 30s F. Height 5’6”, SW: 153 (started back in May, took a break, then restarted at the end of October at 143). CW: 137.4

My weight loss has been pretty slow and steady over the past few weeks (averaging about ~1 lb a week since the end of October). I was just prescribed methylprednisolone for a health condition and started the dose pack yesterday (dose tapers from 24mg on day 1 down to 4mg on day 6). I was expecting my weight to stagnate or go up a little since I think steroids are known to make a person retain water. But I woke up this morning down 2.4 lbs from my previous lowest weight (and down 3.6 lbs from yesterday’s weight). I kind of couldn’t believe it. Is this just coincidence or is it likely a result of the steroid reducing inflammation throughout my body (which was probably pretty inflamed thus the need for the steroid in the first place)?

submitted by /u/fresa_1993
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cPzV2o

No comments:

Post a Comment