Thursday, November 25, 2021

Century Club - November 25, 2021 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous Topics: New Beginnings - Clothing - Years and Years - Food Holidays - Health - What Keeps You Going? - Uniqueness - Aesthetics - Resetting Goals - Routine Breaks - Metrics - Starting - Dog Days of Summer -"Bad" Days - Labels - Aches and Pains - Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes... - Accountability - Elevator Pitches - (Half-)Marathon Training - Celebrations - Water Weight - Comments - Travel - Disconnects - Activity - Years! - Fun! - Rhythms - How strict? - Relationships - Loose Skin Redux - Multiple Centuries - April Fools! - What didn't work? - Milestones - Seasonal changes - Is it worth it? - Surprising Food Facts - Mistakes were made - Time to Vent - Relief Valves - Seeing Objectively - Tips you hate - Fear and Self-Loathing - Starting - 2020 recap


Giving Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the USA. Usually a day for family and friends, large meals, and wholly unnecessary amounts of food. Days like this can be stressful for anyone on a weight loss journey. So first off, take a breath. Then give thanks.

Even though these continue to be abnormal times and I hope all of you Centurions can take a brief pause to give thanks to all of those people who form their support structure. Be it direct support of your weight loss efforts or just emotional support, they're out there and deserve our thanks.

I hope you can enjoy a meal with your loved ones ad above all stay happy and healthy as we really enter the end of year holiday season.

My partner has been volunteering at our town's FOod Bank recently and I joined her for the first time yesterday for a 3 hour shift of backbreaking work serving my community in need, and I'm about to head to my local Turkey Trot to support those who want to move a bit before diving headfirst into food.

I'm thankful for the following people this in 2021:

  • My young adult children
  • My partner (who has literally been with me from thick to thin)
  • My extended family whom I still won't get to see this year
  • My doctors who help me stay healthy, and all the health care workers especially those who will STILL not get to celebrate because they are taking care of others!
  • My local parkrun communities.
  • Anyone and everyone who volunteers their time to feed others in need
  • The entire supply chain that brings healthy food from farms to our tables.
  • Last, but not least the community here at r/loseit

My partner and I are having a bit more of a traditional celebration as we have invited a couple of close friends who don't have family in the area. We' repeating the affair again on Saturday evening with my kids as they spend Thanksgiving with their mom.

What about you Centurion? What are you thankful for in 2021?

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3HVWQr9

No comments:

Post a Comment