Thursday, November 25, 2021

Depression and Weight gain…my journey so far

Over the last four years I have been on several medication regimens in an attempt to help manage major depression. Consequently, I gained 50 pounds and insulin resistance as a side effect of some of the medications that I tried.

I am now on a medication regimen that does not cause weight gain or insulin resistance. I started metformin for pre-diabetes and stopped drinking about six months ago. That coupled with a vigorous summer mountain biking hobby resulted in 20 pounds of weight loss.

I am very happy with the results. Now that winter is here, my depression is worse, daylight is less, and mountain biking is not an option. I’m not happy with myself from an accountability standpoint—I’ve lost momentum and I’ve stopped showing up for myself.

I’m 30ish pounds from hitting my fat loss goal. If I gain some muscle, that’s great.

I’m looking for ideas to get myself back on track…being true to what I need which is physical outlets to keep my weight loss going and to keep pushing myself forward. Mindset, workout ideas, etc are welcome.

submitted by /u/basicbear83
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3FK6Qly

No comments:

Post a Comment