Monday, November 22, 2021

Just a reminder that weight loss can be simple!

For the longest time I thought that in order to lose weight I had to go on some fad diet or do a YouTube exercise challenge but that is not true! Weight loss is very simple when you get down to it: calorie deficit.

This doesn’t mean you have to cut anything out, or do a juice cleanse, or intermittent fasting, or keto, or anything else! For me, a calorie deficit equates to eating more fruits and veggies and less snacks. That’s not too hard when you think about it!

Adding in just a little bit of exercise on top of that, mostly for health, can also be simple! I don’t need to spend an hour in the gym everyday or do a month long fitness challenge. It can be as simple as walking a little more everyday, or taking the steps instead of the elevator. In my case, it’s doing the couch to 5k program which equates to a mix of walking/jogging for 30 minutes, 3 days a week. When I compare that to how much time I spend on my phone or watching television it’s like nothing!

I need to remind myself that I don’t need to be extreme. That little changes can add up to a lot. That slow and steady wins the race.

submitted by /u/Quantity-Fearless
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30Kw8kP

No comments:

Post a Comment