Monday, November 22, 2021

30M - Halfway to my 100 pound weight loss goal. Had my first slip up.

30M. 6’1”. SW: 282. CW:232. GW. 180ish

I planned to write updates here frequently, but that just didn’t work out. Here is my first update: I started my weight loss journey in June, and it has mostly been smooth sailing. I’ve had lots of scale victories seeing my weight go down, and also plenty of non scale victories.

I am starting to like the way I look again. I am able to go for long hikes, bike rides, and even run! My old clothes are starting to fit again. My back pain is mostly getting better. I have also started lifting weights and have seen noticeable gains in my arms and chest. All things said, these past 5.5 months have been really good to me. I’m about halfway done with my year long weight loss journey.

This Saturday I had my first major slip up. I was at Costco and got some pita chips and hummus. The idea was that I would have 10 chips or so at 5PM as an afternoon snack between my lunch and dinner as a reward for all the good work I’ve done. Well, I ate the entire tub (2100 calories + 900 calories of chips) all by Saturday night. In retrospect, I truly don’t know what is wrong with me. I was in this ravenous frenzy and couldn’t stop eating. Im looking back on it in awe, wondering if I have an eating disorder or something.

Sunday I went for a long hike, lifted weights , and had my usual 3 salads a day for meals. Today I’m continuing my good habits. I know I will lose the 100 pounds, but I am super concerned about maintaining that weight loss. I lost 120 pounds when I was 18-19 and gained most of it back, and I really don’t want that to happen again. The hardest part of my journey will be when I reach my goal weight and have to increase my caloric intake by 300 a day without increasing it by 3000.

Also, looking forward to the holidays, I’m flying home to see my old friends and family. I know they will be so proud. I mentioned I was going to lose weight, but I don’t think they will expect so much so fast.

submitted by /u/Fat2Thin2021
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oOFvba

No comments:

Post a Comment