Thursday, September 1, 2022

My weight loss journey has been a massive failure so far.

18 yo Male here. I started all the way back in April, so it has been five months now, and it derailed as quickly as it started.

I'm 5'0''. I'm so short it's completely embarrassing. 2021 was a really awful year for me, and the stress and anxiety ended up with me gaining a lot of weight; I was at a whopping 61 kg when I decided that I needed to get my shit together and start working out a bit. I'm very forgetful sometimes and I tend to give up really easily, so I opted for a more lighter routine to get myself comfortable with the idea of working out. Eventually I got to the point that I was able to have a 3km walk about 3-4 times a week, and I was ecstatic. And I actually did feel a difference; I noticed that my stomach had shrunk in a little bit, and I felt a lot more energetic and overall kind of … good? I got the courage to scale myself for the first time in probably six months, and I realized I had managed to get to 59.8 Kg, which was so fricking awesome. I started to really enjoy going for my midnight walks. But then it all went downhill.

It started with my college exams. I was super busy so I was like, okay, I need to go all out and study as much as I can. I didn't even realize that I was skipping my workouts until my exams were over and summer break began in July. I told myself, okay, I'm going to restart my workout routine, and now that I have more time than ever I can get myself in top shape by the time next semester starts.

What a fucking lie I told myself.

By the time week 1 of my holidays were done I felt so lazy and lethargic everyday I didn't even want to get out of bed. I started staying up at night and waking up at noon; I stopped going for workouts at all and I started to double down on the junk food.

On a side note; this is when I realized that … I eat when I'm upset. You know. Like Po from Kung Fu Panda. Whenever I feel tired, or sad, or feel anxious in any way, I'll binge on a lot of food. Like, a lot. Not helpful at all.

It's been nearly two months now. I haven't scaled myself, and I don't need to, because I know what it will say. I have felt very … hopeless. Like, I knew and recognized the problems but even then I couldn't bring myself to it. I even set alarms and timers and did everything to remind me I need to work out, but at the end of the day it all boiled down to my lack of will. I just … couldn't do it.

So, I've decided that I need to change my strategy.

You see, I detest routine. I despise it. I love being spontaneous in my actions. On some days, I'll be super energetic. But on most days, I feel very tired, very anti-social, or very limited in energy. Forcing myself into a routine that requires me to do the same thing everyday is something that could only work if everyday of my life was a good day. But it isn't. So, I'm switching tactics.

Firstly, my shit sleeping schedule is going away. (I slept at 12 yesterday and woke up at 8 this morning, and I have never felt better.) Then, I'm going to up my hydration levels by keeping water with me at all times. I'm going to try my best to stay in motion, like if I'm doing nothing or I'm just on my phone, then I'm going to walk around my house or just make sure I'm not sitting. This would also help me in fixing my sleep schedule. If I find myself energetic enough to finally to do a proper workout, then I'll do so, but I'll make sure to do the bare minimum for now, no matter what type of day it is.

Well, that's my plan, anyway. I'm really disappointed that I couldn't reach my goal in these five months, but I want to forgive myself because, well, if I don't then who else will. I would like a better strategy if there is one though, or maybe a tip that would help me in the long run. Also, sorry if this sounds cringe. I just needed to get this out of my system.

submitted by /u/Living_Mountain1267
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/X74Drmq

No comments:

Post a Comment