Friday, September 2, 2022

NSV: I accidentally saw myself as slim for the first time

I've been on my weight loss journey for 8 months, and I'm almost at my goal. My BMI is 21 and I am currently a UK size 6 - 8 (or 2 - 4 in the US).

However, although I logically know that I'm smaller now, I'm having a really hard time seeing it. I still 'feel' overweight, and when I look down at my body I don't see much difference. I have a friend who wears the same clothes size as me and yet I still feel like I look much bigger than her.

But anyway, today something pretty amazing happened.

I was in a big fancy department store, looking around at all the different things for sale and doing a bit of people-watching.

As I was walking around, I momentarily caught a glimpse of a woman and thought to myself, "oh, she's slim. Wish I looked like her."

This thought occurred to me only for a split second - then I suddenly realised that it was a mirror.

I had caught a brief glimpse of myself. And because my brain didn't immediately realise it was me, I accidentally saw myself the way I really look.

I've been happy all day since then.

submitted by /u/minkadoodle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3OZKBr0

No comments:

Post a Comment