Thursday, December 8, 2022

Change in Fitness Tracker Leads to a Change in Attitude

Since about 2018, I've been using Fitbits to track steps and eventually weight and calories consumed beginning in September 2021. The problem is that these devices haven't been very robust--my first Charge died in about 10 months, so I got a new one, which died in about 13 months. (No replacement on the first as the RMA got lost during COVID). Switched to a Versa 2 which lasted 13 months (sensing a theme here) but I thought maybe I killed it using a third party charger, got another one and it died after 14 months even though I babied it.

At this point I am done with Fitbit and get a Garmin Venu Sq. But I'm pretty upset by the whole thing since now I have to learn a whole new food entry system (switched to MFP for the integration with Garmin) and I've lost so much data. Worse, the motivating badges for steps and weight loss from Fitbit are now gone.

Last couple of days, been setting up my Garmin account and when I was walking into work this morning the realization hit me:

As far as this thing on my wrist goes, I'm NOT a guy who was 320 pounds and who is now 80-85 percent of the way down after a long, long haul. Nope. As far as this tracker is concerned, I'm actually a 215 pound guy who wants to drop to 185-190 and lose a pants size and some belly fat.

And here's the thing--the new tracker is more attuned to reality than me! So losing the Fitbit and starting with a fresh history is also like recognizing where I actually am physically. And it feels pretty liberating.

submitted by /u/blueeyes_austin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/aXJILoS

No comments:

Post a Comment