Thursday, December 8, 2022

On my way

First post here & wanted to share a little bit. I’m a 6’2 26 y/o male and have struggled with my image/weight since I was 12. It was never fun, but I dealt with it. I wasn’t severely obese, but I was by no means skinny and not confident in my own skin. Growing up, I loved going to the beach, and spending weekends on our boat with family/friends. When I gained weight, I couldn’t do that anymore. Too self conscious (still that way today). Out of high school I weighed 240 pounds. I ended up getting down to 220 one summer without watching what I ate. Just busy with friends all summer. I was pretty slim for my stocky frame, but still not happy. Looking back at pictures from that time, I realize I should’ve been somewhat content. Fast forward a few years, I let myself go. At my heaviest weighing 280 pounds. I tell this to family today and they say they would’ve never guessed it. I would’ve. I could feel the weight, and was in the worst mindset ever. Still, I didn’t do anything about it. A couple months later, I weighed in at 265. For whatever reason, this motivated me to start learning about losing weight through CICO. I did this for 6 months while consistently walking my dogs 3-4 miles daily. I got down to 235lb or so & felt pretty good about myself. But mostly, I was proud of myself for the discipline I had, and for succeeding for the first time trying to lose weight. For reasons I wish I knew, I just stopped. Over the past few years, I gained weight back, and stayed around 245. Then, I saw 254 and thought to myself, we’re not going any further than this. Today is 1 month back on CICO and am glad to say I am now 232.8. Down 21.2lb. Goal weight is around 190 and still motivated as ever. Also feel like I’ve learned a lot since the last time I was successful with weight loss. I also understand that this is going to be a permanent lifestyle change, and I am content with that. Time is going to pass regardless, so why not keep going? I know this post is kind of scattered & all over the place lol, but just wanted to share.

submitted by /u/Outstanding_Memory
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5Vmg0id

No comments:

Post a Comment