Saturday, December 3, 2022

I am a 5’6 female (23) weighing 145Kgs with health issues that make exercising difficult

I have been overweight all my life but never unfit. I used to be able to walk around 15k steps a day with ease. However last year, I had a ligament tear which left me bed ridden for 5 months. I never got back to walking as I had developed a phobia of hurting myself again. Then I caught Covid which made my health even worse. Now I am pre diabetic and at a point where I need to get my act right if I want to live a comfortable life without any dependancy.

I had never taken initiatives to correct my weight as it never hindered my daily activities. Now I suffer from bad back pain and leg pain. I have gone to the doctor and they said there’s nothing wrong with me and the pain is due to the excess weight which my frame is not built for. I have been lurking here for a bit, I understand calorie deficit and it’s been working for the last two weeks. I have lost 5Kgs since i started. I also want to build stamina and work my core and do some cardio that will help my wholistic health. I don’t just want to lose weight, i want to get fit.

Please recommend exercises etc I can do to start my journey. I can not do anything high impact like jumping due to my legs not having fully recovered due to my lack of walking to strengthen muscles post surgery. I have started walking, can manage about 15 minutes of brisk walking before the pain kicks in. I do see improvement though since I started. I am not as breathless anymore. I want to know what I can do besides walking and dieting to help my body regain its strength and expedite the weight loss process (at a healthy pace of course). All advise is welcome. I want to help myself before it’s too late.

Thank you for your time, sorry if it was a bit all over the place.

submitted by /u/noodlerocketship
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BMqtFV0

No comments:

Post a Comment